Wagnerswriting.blogspot.com: New Mission Statement

 So I've been kicking around the 52 Stories, 52 Weeks thing since January and my intention was to kinda develop my audience/interacting with followers, but the results have been 'meh' at best; in terms of viewership and me phoning in the stories. That doesn't really help the reader nor the writer. It was a nice challenge for sure, however I think it's time to put that to bed so that I can focus on something more worthwhile. 

I recently rediscovered my love for creating comics. Now I've been writing comics for many, many years and projects and artists would just slip through my hands since about 2017? Scripts are great and all, but it means nothing unless an artist can bring it to life. So I thought I'd give it a shot. I recently bought an iPad and am slowly building up my art skills to bring some stories of mine to life. 

An interesting fact about me is that from about ages 7-12ish, I wanted to be a cartoonist! Like Bill Watterson, Dav Pilkey, and Charles Schulz, I really wanted to do cartoon strips for a newspaper. Then I wanted to do animation of some other heroes of mine (Which I'll break down that story for another blog post one day!) but that dream was crushed when I hit middle school. Throughout middle and high school there was that ever present project of one singular occupation you had to chase after for a career. A decision that pretty much that to be chosen at age 12. I said, "A cartoonist!" She retorted with, "No, pick a REAL job." So I basically gave up art as a dream for a loooooong time. 

So here I am at 28 saying fuck that. I want to do art and write silly and/or spooky stories. I want to write short stories, write comics, and write blogs/blogs. I'll write what I want to write and draw what I want to draw. So I came up with a new mission statement going forward! 

Mission Statement: I, Cody Wagner, will do what I want without a deadline for it. So I'd like to jot down what that entails: 

- More silly drawings by me

- More blog posts/essays that pertain to my interests about every two weeks or so. 

- An eventual ongoing webcomic in the next year or two 


Some dreams that'll sprout from that include: 

- Getting paid for my writing and art (lmao) 

- More poetry chapbooks 

- Comics by me in print

- Writing for a newspaper/site

- Getting some short stories published for some cool anthologies 


A boy can dream, and I'll be chasing after those dreams. We'll see how this plays out! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LUNARSONGS (Full Digital Version)

Why Did the Eclipse Feel So Special?

It's My Birthday... Here's a Snippet of My Novella