Thanks You's, Chapbook #2, and I Need a Nap 6.19.22

    So ISOLATIONIST has been out for two weeks already. Hard to believe since it's felt like it JUST came out. You want to know something insane?? I've made enough funds from the book to not only fund the next one BUT it completely funded the NEXT project I have in mind after that (whichever one that may be). If all goes to the way I'd like it to, I'd LOVE for it to be a comic book project. Alas, I am not the captain that is steering my destiny. I just ride where the wind guides the sails, y'know? 

    But the reception has been completely beyond my expectations. Lots of greats feedback, people sharing their thoughts on their favorite poems, what they got out of it, and lots of other positive things. But nearly. Every. Single. Person. Had said the exact same thing to me regarding my mini-adventure and this book: 

    That they're proud of me. 

    Proud that I did it. That I'm going out of my way to chase my dreams. Just proud of doing what I love. And you know what? I'm proud of me too. For many, many years, I've talked about what I wanted to work on, what I want to do in my life and now here I am finally doing it. If you know me and how introverted I am, that is not an easy thing for me to do. I think that's why I think people knew I added that extra love to really push me forward and to keep on keeping on. I don't hear that phrase outward like that, so it really warms my heart when I do hear it. 

    With that little burst of pure love and motivation I've already begun work on Chapbook #2! It'll be a collection of horror poems that'll be out in October. Just in time for Halloween AKA the greatest time of the year. I have the title set, but I'll keep that a secret! Unless, y'know, you ask and I really like ya. 

    Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU to all that've humored me. It really makes me feel my hard work has been worthwhile.

    Alas, it brings me to my second point I wanted to make: I've really burnt myself out.  

    With everything I'm doing: Working overtime, working on the book, working on music stuff, balancing my personal life, working on other projects, I've exhausted myself without realizing it until I've already felt the physical effects of the stress. 

    While keeping busy with all that I've been doing, I haven't been taking care of myself. I had just had this realization yesterday after a gig that my temperament is out of whack. I'll explain more about that when I've rested a bit, but all I need to say for now is that I'm back to being unhappy and I'm tired. What else is new, right? I need to take some time away to re-coop my energy since I have none. Not to say I'm not incredibly grateful for this experience, because it's been a great time of great memories. I'd like to get back to writing weekly shorts and all that good stuff and other projects that I'm dying to see the light of day. All in due time.

    But I just wanted to say thank you again. I really love and appreciate all you people who read these words. You really know how to make a guy feel special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LUNARSONGS (Full Digital Version)

Why Did the Eclipse Feel So Special?

It's My Birthday... Here's a Snippet of My Novella