Friday's Flash Fiction - "The Beauty of a Terrible Day" 5.6.22

    Here's today's flash fiction. It seems everyone lately is having a hard time. I can relate. This is my attempt at a remedy, or in the very least some sunlight on a rain cloud that keeps pouring. Hope next week is a lot better!


 “The Beauty of a Terrible Day”


The beauty of a terrible day is that you’ll never have to face it again. Today's a new day that you yourself. May you allow yourself to rip it apart and make it yours. If the sun, the moon, and rain allows it, tomorrow could be the greatest day of your life. It may be worse than today. That’s the second beauty: its unpredictability. The only thing that’s certain is that the sun will set on a good, bad, and indifferent day. 

The setting sun seems to take a particular pleasure in devouring a day here until it's gone forever. With it, you get a new one when you open your eyes from your sleep. Do with it as you will, as you wish. 

The sun is setting now. I will go to sleep, open my eyes, and find a new gift in my lap. If I’m not happy with it, I will just lock it away in my closet. I’m under no obligation to relive it ever again if I can help it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LUNARSONGS (Full Digital Version)

Why Did the Eclipse Feel So Special?

It's My Birthday... Here's a Snippet of My Novella